Rachel Louise Carson (1907-1964)
Social Media Share Tools
- Carson, Rachel 1907-1964
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Biologist Rachel Louise Carson (1907-1964) began her career with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service but achieved fame and social influence with publication of such popular books as The Sea Around Us (1951) and Silent Spring (1962).
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 90-105, Science Service Records, Image No. SIA2008-0392
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-0392]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Black-and-white photographs
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.