Medal, Croix de Guerre (War Cross) 1914-1918
- Physical Description
- Croix de Guerre (War Cross); bronze cross with crossed swords; Obverse: center disk, relief bust of Napoleon surrounded by embossed text "REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE"; Reverse: embossed dates "1914-1918"; red and green vertical striped silk ribbon; 1 bronze palm leave, 2 silver 5 point stars, one gold five point star.
- The Croix de Guerre was established in April 1915 by the French government to recognize French and allied soldiers who were cited for bravery during their service in World War I.
- Credit Line
- Found in collection. Donor unknown at this time. Found on NASM premises.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- AWARDS-Medals & Ribbons
- Copper Alloy
- Gold Plating
- Protective Coating
- 3-D: 4 × 1 × 9.5cm (1 9/16 × 3/8 × 3 3/4 in.)
- Country of Origin
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)