Margaret V. Dunham, standing at bank of instruments, 1943
Social Media Share Tools
- Dunham, Margaret V
- United States Army Women's Army Corps
- United States Army Chemical Warfare Service Medical Division
- Also known as: [SPI_5736]
- In 1943, when this photograph was taken, Women's Army Corps Lt. Margaret V. Dunham was conducting research in the Chemical Warfare Service's Medical Division at the Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. A native of New York City, she had just completed degrees in chemistry and biology at Columbia University.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 90-105, Science Service Records, Image No. SIA2008-1478
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-1478]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Black-and-white photographs
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Women scientists
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.