Margaret Reed Lewis (1881-1970)
Social Media Share Tools
- Lewis, Margaret Reed 1881-1970
- Columbia University
- Carnegie Institution of Washington
- Physiologist and anatomist Margaret Reed Lewis (1881-1970), an authority on tumors, had served as an assistant to Thomas Hunt Morgan at Columbia and then worked as a research collaborator in the embryology department of the Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1915-1946; she was married to scientist Warren Harmon Lewis (d. 1964).
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 90-105, Science Service Records, Image No. SIA2008-5298
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-5298]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Black-and-white photographs
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Women scientists
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.