In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
- Georgia O'Keeffe, born Sun Prairie, WI 1887-died Santa Fe, NM 1986
- Publication Label
- Dizzying heights, soaring verticals, and spectacular views of New York City's skyscrapers inspired some of Georgie O'Keeffe's most memorable paintings. O'Keeffe not only painted these wonders of modern architecture, she was also one of the first American artists to live in a skyscraper. In the mid-1920s, she and her husband Alfred Stieglitz, had an apartment on the thirtieth floor of the Shelton Hotel.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum: Commemorative Guide. Nashville, TN: Beckon Books, 2015.
- Credit Line
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of the Georgia O'Keeffe Foundation
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- oil on canvas
- 84 3/8 x 48 1/4 in. (214.3 x 122.4 cm.)
- See more items in
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Collection
- Painting and Sculpture
- On View
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, 2nd Floor, North Wing
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Cityscape\New York\New York
- Architecture Exterior\commercial\skyscraper
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)