Katharine Burr Blodgett (1898-1979), demonstrating equipment in lab
Social Media Share Tools
- Blodgett, Katharine Burr 1898-1979
- General Electric Company Research Laboratory
- American Chemical Society
- In 1938, when this publicity photograph was taken, physicist Katherine Burr Blodgett (1898-1979) worked at General Electric Research Laboratories, where she did important research in surface chemistry and thin films. She received the American Chemical Society's Garvan Medal in 1951.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 90-105, Science Service Records, Image No. SIA2007-0282
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2007-0282]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at email@example.com
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Black-and-white photographs
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Women scientists
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.