gee dad, modern design, huh?
- Rick Valicenti, American, b. 1951
- Horizontal line at center divides composition approximately in half, lower half with bright yellow background, upper half with light gray background. At right, stylized figure with red hair, freckles, gold tooth, and striped shirt points right arm upwards. Printed text in speech bubble at right of figure: gee dad, modern design!, huh?
- At left, Dalmatian dog with black collar. In printed text at left edge of lower composition: IMPORTANT: This poster was designed on request to commemor-eight the introduction of the new Northstar/Broughton Printing Company’s 8-color, 26 x 40, Miller U.V. mega-press (Termin-eight or #3). / Granted this poster’s message could have been said on a business card, but this press isn’t designed to print business cards. Unfortunately, our printing demonstration uses quite a bit of premium paper. Rest assured all the leftovers not employed for promotional purposes will be recycled. / Forgive our indulgence.
- At upper left, gray stylized silhouette of the top of the Chrysler building. At upper right, image of Styrofoam coffee cup with lipstick print on black and blue background. Printed text below: design credit
- Credit Line
- Gift of Lily Klinek
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Object Name
- Offset lithograph on paper
- H x W: 91.4 × 61 cm (36 × 24 in.)
- designed in
- Chicago, Illinois, USA
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)