In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
Flag for Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Manufactured by
- Subject of
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, founded 1908
- A pink flag made from synthetic fabric. The heading of the flag is white with brass grommets. The flag is decorated on one side with the Alpha Kappa Alpha seal. The seal is green and brown. Along the flag's top edge, in black lettering, is "ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY INCORPORATED."
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of the Historical Society of Washington, DC and the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- synthetic fiber, metal
- H x W: 39 1/2 x 58 1/4 in. (100.3 x 148 cm)
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Memorabilia and Ephemera
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Associations and institutions
- Women's organizations
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)