Social Media Share Tools
- Alberto Giacometti, Swiss, b. Borgonovo, 1901–1966
- Jh Purchased From Matisse Gallery, Pierre, New York 1958
- Exhibition History
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Alberto Giacometti 1901-1966," 15 September-13 November 1988, no. 59, ill. p. 165. TOUR: SAN FRANCISCO MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, 15 December 1988-5 February 1989.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Masterworks from the Hirshhorn Collection," 9 June 2016-6 August 2017, no cat.
- Published References
- OTTANI CAVINA, ANNA. Una panchina a Manhattan: Nuove geografie dell'arte (Milan: Adelphi, 2019), fig. 129 (color).
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- (1951)/(cast 1957)
- Accession Number
- 17 1/2 × 38 1/8 × 6 1/4 in. (44.2 × 96.8 × 15.7 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Surrealism (European)/Postwar European
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.