Alice Brown (1856-1948)
Social Media Share Tools
- Brown, Alice 1857-1948
- When Alice Brown (1857-1948) published The Black Drop (1919), a novel with scientific themes, the publisher emphasized that its "main character inherits a group of traits from a remote ancestor in a way which scientists believe is impossible in real life.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 90-105, Science Service Records, Image No. SIA2008-0329
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-0329]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Black-and-white photographs
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Women novelists
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.