Buddha draped in robes portraying the Realms of Existence
Social Media Share Tools
- Previous custodian or owner
- Taku Shanfang
- To 1923
- Taku Shanfang, Beijing to 1923 
- From 1923
- Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Taku Shanfang, Beijing by Carl Whiting Bishop on December 24, 1923 
-  Object file, folder sheet note #1.
-  See note 1. Also see Original Bishop List, No. S-9, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- Northern Qi dynasty
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- H x W x D: 151.3 x 62.9 x 31.3 cm (59 9/16 x 24 3/4 x 12 5/16 in)
- Weight (without concrete base): 818.5 pounds
- probably Henan province, China
- Related Online Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- See more items in
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
- On View
- Freer Gallery 17: Promise of Paradise
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Sui dynasty (581 - 618)
- Vairocana Buddha
- Mount Meru
- Lotus Sutra
- Chinese Art
- Carl Whiting Bishop collection
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.