37c Barbara McClintock single
Social Media Share Tools
- The Postal Service issued the 37-cent, American Scientists commemorative stamps in four designs on May 4, 2005, in New Haven, Connecticut. The stamps were designed by Victor Stabin of Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania.
- The stamps honor four American scientists: geneticist Barbara McClintock, mathematician John von Neumann, physicist Richard Feynman, and thermodynamicist Josiah Willard Gibbs.
- For each stamp, artist Stabin created a collage featuring a portrait of the scientist and drawings that are associated with major contributions made by the scientist. Information about the specific elements in each collage is contained in the design briefs of the individual profiles on the back of each stamp. The Banknote Corporation of America, Inc., and Sennett Security Products printed 50 million stamps in the offset process with microprinting.
- Postal Bulletin (March 3, 2005).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- May 4, 2005
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ lithographed
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3906
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Women's Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.