Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater
National Air and Space Museum
6th Street and Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20560
The Lockheed IMAX Theater features one of the largest IMAX screens in DC. Strap into the cockpit of some of the most advanced aircrafts, or take a walk through space. Our giant screen provides a truly immersive and one-of-a-kind experience.
The Lockheed Martin IMAX® Theater now features IMAX with Laser. The dual 4k laser projection system with a 12 discrete channel sound system provides audiences with the sharpest, brightest, clearest, and most vivid digital images ever combined with a whole new level of immersive audio. The future of movie technology is here!
New Upgrades to Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater Include:
- Brand new 75 foot wide screen
- Dual 4k laser projection system with new optical engine providing
unparalleled 3D brightness
- New state-of-the-art 3D glasses that optimize the laser system experience
- 12 discrete channels plus sub-bass for fully immersive audio experience
- New capability to show a wider selection of documentary and Hollywood features, and at the highest possible quality
Other Smithsonian Theaters
Voyage of Time
Opening at the National Air and Space Museum’s Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater on October 7. ...
Learn More »
Sci-Fi Sundays: Documentaries
The National Air and Space Museum’s Sci-Fi Sundays programming features two of our most popular
Learn More »