The Dolls' House

Opened 1951 – Indefinitely

National Museum of American History
14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC

1st Floor, West Wing Floor Plan

This dollhouse represents a romantic view of the life of a large and affluent American family in the early 1900s. Its 23 rooms contain more than 800 miniature items, including furniture, linens, toys, and other household items. The late Faith Bradford, a records expert at the Library of Congress, spent more than a half century designing and building the miniature furnishings; it was donated to the museum in 1951. Also on view is Ms. Bradford's scrapbook, which shows her methods of creating the house.