All Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo are closed due to the federal government shutdown.
National Museum of Natural History
10th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
2nd Floor, Center, North Corridor Floor Plan
To celebrate the country's distinctive art, culture, and 2,600-year history, on view are some 85 objects, including Korean ceramics, wooden furniture, stone and wooden sculptures, paintings, and textiles.
The exhibition is divided into the following thematic sections:
- Korean Ceramics: A Tradition of Excellence
- Honoring Family
- The Korean Wedding
- Hangeul: Symbol of Pride, exploring Korean calligraphy and the Korean writing system
- Landscapes of Korea, exploring the country's natural history and built landscape
- Korea Beyond Borders, exploring the cultural identity of Koreans and their descendants living around the world
- Contemporary Korean Art, illustrating that modern Korea finds inspiration in the rich traditions of its past