Arts and Industries Building
900 Jefferson Drive, SW
Washington, DC 20560
This child-friendly, interactive exhibition explores the basic workings of the brain and reveals brain function from neurons and synapses to electricity and chemistry.
Other topics addressed include:
- the differences between human and animal brains
- brain evolution and development
- the revitalizing nature of sleep
- the differences between individual brains, including brain disorders, accidents, and irregularities
- the nature of pain and how medications work in the brain
- the relationship between depression and creativity
- the mind and the nature of consciousness
- the history and future of brain research, including treatment of brain disorders in the era of genome mapping and molecular medicine Resource Room with printed materials
This exhibition is sponsored by Pfizer Inc. and produced by BBH Inc. in collaboration with NIH.