SPNHC99 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
SPNHC99 Annual Meeting
Registration received before May 15, 1999 will cost $75.00 for SPNHC members and $100.00 for non-members (after May 15, 1999: $95.00 for SPNHC members and $120.00 for non-members). Note that all costs are listed in US dollars in the announcement and registration form. Fees are listed in full on the registration form for early and regular registration, for members and non-members. Registration includes tours of the National Museum of Natural History collections, tours of the Smithsonian centers in Suitland, Maryland, and the Icebreaker Reception.
Registration for the workshops, CO2 Fumigation and Rigging: Lifting & Moving Large Objects, is limited and therefore on a first come, first serve basis. If your registration arrives after the workshop is full, please indicate whether you would like us to keep your registration fee and put you on a waiting list.
- Finance and Funding: Registration before May 15, 1999 is: $90/members and $100/non-members; after May 15, 1999: $100/members and $110/non-members; lunch on own. Registration for this 2-day workshop is limited to 150 participants.
- Rigging: Lifting & Moving Large Objects: Registration before May 15, 1999 is: $80/members and $90/non-members; after May 15, 1999: $90/members and $100/non-members; lunch included. Registration for this 1-day workshop is limited to 30 participants.
- CO2 Fumigation: Registration before May 15, 1999 is: $50/members and $60/non-members; after May 15, 1999: $60/members and $70/non-members; lunch included. Registration for this 1/2-day workshop is limited to30 participants each session. This workshop will be offered twice on the same day, covering the same material.
For those attending activities located in Suitland, Maryland, it should be noted that there is limited food facilities at the Smithsonian buildings. There are several fast and not-so-fast food establishments in the area - some within a 15 minute walk.
Method of Payment
All costs are listed in US dollars in the announcement and the registration form. (Credit card payment is encouraged.)
- Credit Card payment (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) is preferred. For non-US residents, your bank will make the appropriate currency conversion.
- All checks or money orders must be payable to "SPNHC99" Checks in foreign currency are acceptable, but please list the exchange rate you used.
If possible, please provide an e-mail address and registration confirmation will be sent electronically. Otherwise registration confirmation will be by regular mail.
A full refund (less a 15% administration fee) will be given if notification of cancellation is received prior to May 1, 1999. Sorry no refunds will be issued for the pre-conference trip(s) or workshop(s) if canceled by the participant. A full refund will be issued if the pre-conference trip or workshop is canceled due to insufficient participation.
Delegates with Special Needs
Delegates with special needs or other concerns should contact David von Endt, SPNHC99 Co-Chair, at SCMRE (301) 238-3700x126, by May 15, 1999 and we will work with you to meet your needs. If you have any dietary restrictions, please note them on the registration form.
SPNHC99 Travel Mug
This stylish accessory is a convenient way to keep all your SPNHC beverages hot or cold. Take this 16 oz. sapphire blue crystal acrylic insulated travel mug with you to the ice breaker or the coffee breaks, then home to remember SPNHC99 throughout the year. To order, please see the registration form.
Purchasing Program and Abstracts
If you are not registering for the meeting, but would like to receive a copy of the program and abstracts, please check the appropriate place on the registration form and send $10.00 per copy to:
Jane C. MacKnight
CMC, Geier Collection & Research Center
1720 Gilbert Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45202-1401 USA
FAX (513) 345-8501
TO GET THE REGISTRATION FORM GO TO THE SPNHC WEB SITE